Tuesday, March 20, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES

A year ago I was half-way through may second semester of PT school and I was trying to recover from the spring break trip to California trip. Also this time last year was the point when I decided to start taking care of myself and stop being a "WIDE LOAD."

So I began a regimen that included stopping the consumption of Dr. Pepper, my favorite carbonated beverage at the time, working out on a daily basis, and eating at home more often. When I started out all I wanted to do was loose 25 lbs or so to match what I weighed when I began college. So I weighed in at my school at a whopping 256 lbs on March 20, 2006 and I rode a stationary bicycle for 15 minutes. I continued to work out daily and gradually lost 2 or 3 lbs a week.

I stopped recording my weight and workouts after a few weeks but I continued to work out on a regular basis, most of the time running by myself. Along the way other people encouraged me by running with me on occasion including Ryan Hise, Doug McFarlen, Matt Zimmerman, and Adam Manlove (for about 1/4 of a lap). When I weighed myself again officially November 29, 2006 I was down to 200 lbs which surpassed my goal so I decided to see how far I could go.

I think I have officially reached a point that I have bottomed out, plus I am tired of buying new clothes. So on today the anniversary of my new beginning I weigh 190 lbs, a grand total of 66 lbs lost, and I feel really good. I appreciate all the encouragement and the looks of amazement I get from people who have watched the transformation take place and who have not seen me in a while. Keep encouraging me so I can continue to maintain.

Worst thing about loosing weight:
Buying new clothes

Best thing about loosing weight:
LGN (or at least LBN)

Best comment received:
"We were watching the club video the other day...D you were fat." Jon Heintz



Sing Song 06 Sing Song 07

5 Comments:

Blogger Kizer said...

You are awesome D.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Well I got sucked in by the facebook status as I was previously unaware you had a blog. Congrats on making major lifestyle changes and seeing the difference (I could stand to give up Coke).
Plus double congrats on being back in the OD. Hope it is a pleasant stretch back in the greatness that is Odessa

7:35 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

D! Way to go on the Facebook status...definitely worked on me. I like the photo timeline. You look amazing!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

i want to go on the D. workout plan. you should write a book or sell videos on infomercials.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Cody Blair said...

best lookin groomsman at the wedding...including the groom

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home