Tuesday, April 10, 2007

For those who read my blog

For those of you who read this thing I am going to present information for the remainder of my clinical affiliations in a SOAP note format. For those of you who don't know what a SOAP note is it is a method of documentation employed by doctors and other health care providers to write out notes in a patient's chart. The "S" stands for "subjective", which is the feelings or complaints a patient expresses during a visit or any other information they provide. The "O" stands for "objective" or the things that take place during therapy and are measurable. The "A" is for "assessment" in this portion of the note the healthcare provider gets to express what he or she saw during therapy and whether of not the patient had any problems during treatment. The final section "P" is for "plan" which is pretty self explanatory, but I'll tell you anyway. In this section we write what we're going to do the following visit.

So my SOAP notes will go something like this:

S: I really am looking forward to work today because I get to see my favorite patient.

O: Today I treated said patient for 30 minutes and almost made he or she cry in the process. I didn't mean to but hey it happens.

A: The day went by fast and all was well. I am a little tired but it could be worse.

P: Wake-up go to work again and see what the day has in store.

D.Collins,SPT


That is about how it's going to go, some days will be more eventful than others so stay tuned to see what goes on in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

yay, Demetrius! i have to do SOAP notes, too!

hope it's going great in Odessa. have a good week!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home