Saturday, August 04, 2007

2 more weeks in the Permian Basin

My time here in the Midland/Odessa area has been well spent. I got to spend some time with my family (the longest amount of time since I left for college in 2000). I was able to work in different facilities and learn what the real world of physical therapy is going to be like. I have witnessed one of the wettest Summer's in the history of the Permian Basin. Lastly I got to live rent free for about five months and celebrate my mom's birthday with her. Even though I have family ties in this area I would not want to live here to start my career. I've been asked at 2/3 of my rotations here if I was going to come back after I graduated, and at the place I am now the supervisor and a couple of the therapist continue to offer me bribes to stay here. I just laugh and let them know that I am not saying never, but moving back is not in my current plans.

I look forward to moving to the metroplex in a couple of weeks and spending the next four months with former roommates and college friends. What I don't look forward to is the drive to work through the Dallas/Fort Worth traffic. It is also going to be nice being that much closer to graduation and beginning my life as a real physical therapist (after passing the National Physical Therapy Examination) and making my own money. So those of you who currently live in the metroplex and read this blog I will be there in late August, give me a hollar.

Things I want to do while in Dallas/Fort Worth:
1) Watch Cody Blair coach football
2) See Garza on the sideline next to jr. high kids
3) Witness the phenomenon that is Coach Mark Rex Gibson

2 Comments:

Blogger Cody Blair said...

come to the game early so you can tape my receivers.

can't wait to see ya

5:16 PM  
Blogger Katey said...

It will also put you that much closer to an airport with a non-stop flight to Nashville... think about it. Miss you.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home