Tuesday, May 01, 2007

ROUGHNECKS and ROUGH SEX

S: Today began just like any other day, but little did I know I would be given information today that could potentially save my life.

O: As I was doing my typical routine of treating my patients (or at least the "ONE" I had this morning) and occasionally checking the large gym to see if any pre-employment screens needed to be done. Low and behold just before lunch a group of guys in search of employment were anxiously awaiting to be seen by a physical therapist. One of these men had come into town from New York and was looking to become a rough neck in the oil field. I was not doing the screen on this particular guy, but I was listening in as another therapist was talking to him regarding his medical history. The exchange went something like this:

Therapist: So I see you have a scar and it says here that you had a spontaneous pneumothorax. How did this happen?

The Guy: Rough sex

Therapist: What?

The Guy: Rough sex

Those in ear shot laugh and even blush, some wondered if they used power tools or something.
The screen continues and as they complete it they start shooting the bull, and since the guy was from New York the question naturally arose what brings you to Texas?
His response was priceless: "More rough sex"

Therapist: Is the girl that did this from Texas

The Guy: Yes

Technician: Does she have a sister?

The Guy: Yes

At this point I leave the room laughing my head off and amazed that this guy would share this with a bunch of strangers. To top the entire thing off as he was leaving he offered to give me the girls sister's number.
I'll leave it up to your imagination to let you know if I took it .

O: I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. 3 days left at OPT and no two days are ever the same.

P: I'll present my in service tomorrow and see how that goes. FINISH STRONG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home