Thursday, April 26, 2007

Belated Birthday Surprise

S: For those of you who didn't know I had a birthday yesterday the 25th of April and it was pretty uneventful. Like most people in the real world I still had to do my job and I didn't tell many people at work so it wasn't that big of a deal anyhow.

O: I recieved birthday phone calls from Matt Saller, Cody Blair, Clay Chesser and Alex LaBounty. I got text messages for Robert McCall and Eric Hise. I went to eat at Red Lobster with my mom and since it was my birthday I got free chocolate cake, and don't worry there was singing involved too. The funny thing about the whole singing situation is, as most of you know, in most cases the entire wait staff gathers around your table to make a spectacle of the whole situation. I on the other hand had my waitress only serenading me with the happy birthday song, since all of the other waiter/waitresses were busy. I think this is even more embarrassing than having a group sing for two reasons 1) if it a group they can lack lusterly sing through the song and you can find the person who cares the least and look at them the entire time 2) When a solo is being sung to you it is kind of awkward to have to look into the eyes of a stranger singing you happy birthday. But today I got good post birthday surprise, I found out that I was getting paid for my time at the facility. Keeping in mind I was not expecting this at all, today as I sat at my desk my clinical instructor placed a W-4 in front of me and said fill this out so you can get paid. It took all I had not to jump up and click my heels. I maintained my composure and just completed the form and turned it in. I realize the check can be anywhere for $50 to $500, but what ever it is I will gladly accept it because it is unexpected.

A: I am ready to close out this week and begin the final stretch of this part of my journey. One more week in this facility and then I move on to the next challenge.

P: Keep working hard and enjoy the fact that in about 28 weeks people will be able to call me DOCTOR.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cody Blair said...

we're old

9:31 AM  
Blogger Luke Reeves said...

happy birthday. 31 was a good year for me too.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home